Healthy Diet/Lifestyle Makeover Guidelines
Purpose of this diet: The rest diet is a great way to start your new and improved diet and lifestyle. These 21 days will help you to reset your hormones and your taste buds so that your New and Improved diet/lifestyle will be easy to achieve. It’s a great way to switch on your metabolism and kick start your fat burners. This way your body will use fat for energy instead of storage. As an added bonus this 21 day rest will help to dramatically reduce your exposure to toxins and send you on a path to reducing them from your life and your family’s life forever.
A few things to remember throughout this plan:
- Plan ahead for the next day!!! It’s easier to stay on track with your food if you plan ahead. Start a menu journal to hold yourself accountable.
- Water: Drink at least 2.2 Liters per day for women and 3 liters per day for men. Herbal teas count toward this goal as well as lemon water.
- Herbal Teas Like: Mate Factor’s Immune boost or Detox blend or make your own with any of the following: Nettles, Rooibos, Red Clover, Raspberry leaf, Dandelion Leaf, Plantain, Oak Straw or horsetail.
- Buy local and organic whenever possible. Buy Fresh unprocessed food.
- You need to eat 1lb minimum of veggies every day (aim for about ½ of that pound to be raw). So buy your favorites and try a few new ones.
- Lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, beets, purple cabbage, celery, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, peppers, eggplant, green beans, peas, and many others.
- You’ll need lots of salads and veggie soups so get creative.
- You will want your favorite fresh fruits and only Low Glycemic fruits during fruitless reset.
- Avocados, olives (whole and tapenade), tomatoes, fresh and dried coconut, lemons, limes and, pomegranates, as well as cranberry juice concentrate.
- Then after the reset you can enjoy all the different types of berries, pears, green apples, watermelon, and even cantaloupe.
***LIMIT: apples, tart cherries, kiwi, pineapple, oranges. *** AVOID: bananas, grapes (can have seeded local grapes when in season), raisins, and sweet cherries, mango (if blended with the peel okay), use sparingly dates, figs, prunes, and dried apricots (these are super high in nutrients but also in sugars as well so enjoy only as part of energy balls or bars and only occasionally.
- Exercise: Move more sit less! Really anything will do… JUST GET MOVING! Best bets: Hormone Reset Burst 7, you can walk, jog or ride a bike at normal pace for 5 mins to warm up then go as fast as possible for 30 seconds, then normal pace for 2 mins of recovery. Then fast as possible for 30 seconds and 2 mins normal pace to recover. Repeat for a total of 7 times. Yoga, Pilates, and swimming are all excellent ways to sit less.
- Sunshine: we need sunshine in order to be healthy. How Much??? It actually doesn’t take much just 20 mins and the best time is first thing in the morning.
- Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics
- Multivitamin: A high quality multivitamin and antioxidant is a great tool to have in any healthy lifestyle.
- Optional but very helpful: A Non-Dairy, Non-Whey protein powder. Reset 360 by Dr. Sara Gottfried is the best, but Healthforce Nutritionals Warrior Food or Vega One plant protein powder or Orgain Organic Protein Powder are also good options as well.
Notes about the types of food you should eat:
- Clean Protein: Eat 25-40 grams per meal with a goal of 75-125grams per day. Organic/Free range, Chicken, Turkey, and eggs, and limited amounts of NON-GMO soy and legumes.
- Cold-water Fish low in Mercury are excellent clean proteins: Wild Alaskan salmon, cod, snapper, mackerel, trout, sardines, anchovies, orange roughy, herring, flounder, sturgeon, clams, crab, oysters, scallops, Oregon petite pink shrimp.
- When done with 21 day reset add back in 1-3 time per week grass-fed beef and or wild caught, Bison, Venison, Elk, lamb)
- Bean dips like Hummus or black or white bean dip.
- Grain free crackers like: Foods Alive Flax crackers and snackers or Lydia’s Organics.
- Nuts and seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, raw almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, pecans, cashew
- High fiber and nutrient seeds: Flax, Chia, and Hemp seeds. Work up to 35-45 grams of fiber per day. Increase by 5 grams per day to help with gas and bloating while your body gets used to this new and improved fiber load.
- High Quality fats and oils: Olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, and organic ghee, Flax oil, chia oil, hemp oil, black current oil, black cumin oil. **AVOID vegetable oils like canola, soy and corn.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1Tablespoon in 8-12 oz. water in between each meal Goal 3-4 times per day.
- Lemon Juice (Fresh squeezed) Use first thing in AM with 8-12oz. hot water, add a pinch of cayenne.
- Cultured Foods: Kraut and other cultured veggies, Miso, Kombucha, Kimchi, Kefir (after 21 day reset)
- Fresh and dried herbs and spices