Phase 1: Day 1-3 Meatless and Alcohol Free (Estrogen) *continue for entire program *(and start weaning off of caffeine)
- What this includes: Red meat (beef, lamb, bison, venison, and elk are all red meats)
- Focus on: (examples) Clean proteins Cold Water Fish like: Wild caught Alaskan salmon, trout, orange roughy, halibut, flounder, shrimp, oysters, sardines, and anchovies. Use Organic pasture raised Chicken, Turkey or Duck and eggs only from pastured chickens. Legumes and organic or non-gmo Soy are also great options.
- Notes: You need about 20 grams of protein at each meal. This is easily done even when choosing no animal products at a meal. **A good high quality non-dairy and non-whey protein powder with no artificial sweeteners and no added sugar can be really helpful during this reset and as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Phase 2 Days 4-6 Sugar Free (Insulin) *continue for entire program
- What this includes: all sugar alternatives as well. The only sweeteners allowed are stevia and Lakanto. The goal is to be sugar free for 3 full days with NO sweeteners.
- Focus on: Good Fats avocados, olives, coconut oils, flax seed and oil, hemp seed and oil and EVOO (Get a min of 1000mg of Omega 3’s per day), Clean proteins: cold water fish, organic chicken turkey and eggs, legumes(esp. white kidney beans) (20-40 grams per day) and slow carbs like: sweet potatoes, pumpkin, quinoa. Watch Out for hidden sugar in things like: ketchup, salad dressings, sauces, and packaged cereals (max of 20-49grams of net carbs per day).
- Notes: Eat every 4-6 hours. If you feel famished 3 hrs. after eating try these tips and tricks. First drink 8oz of water and wait 20 mins. If you are still hungry then eat 10 almonds or walnuts, but know that this is usually a sign you need more protein at each meal such as beans, cold water fish, or organic chicken. Also try adding more fiber like flax seed crackers and nuts and seeds on your salads. Ultimately you shouldn’t need snacks. Remember to try out cultured foods which are low in calories and carbs but high in fiber, vitamins A and C and minerals such as iron and magnesium.
Phase 3 Days 7-9 Fruitless (Leptin and insulin levels):
- What this includes: All fruits (including dried fruits) for these three days, except for lemons, cranberries, and limes. I recommend trying to continue fruitless for the remainder of the Reset, but after these three days you may use some fruits: all berries (wild blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, mulberries) are very healthy and low in sugar as well as Grapefruit, Fresh Apricots, and even pears and nectarines are all low in sugar. But please limit even these until the reset is over and then having 2-3 servings of fresh low GI fruit is a super healthy addition to every ones diet.
- Focus on: (examples) Start each day with protein, ideally 30 mins after waking to help lesson your cravings for sugars. A protein powder can help when you are short on time and cannot prepare a high quality veggies rich breakfast. Be sure to add some greens to your shake and extra fiber too. Be sure to get plenty of Omega3 from Flax, Hemp and Chia 2000mg per day is a great place to start. If cooking use low-fructose veggies like: artichokes, spinach, asparagus, peas, sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli, onions and squash.
- Notes: Up to 60% of Adults cannot digest fructose properly. One reason is that the transport mechanism across the bowel wall is slow and low in capacity. To help repair this damage eat every 4-6 hours ultimately with NO SNACKS. Use healthy fats from avocados, nuts and seeds, coconut oil and ghee. Avoid tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplants for these three days as well. These are all nightshade fruits and veggies that for some can cause inflammation, gut problems and joint pain.
Phase 4 Day 10-12 Caffeine free (cortisol):**continue this reset until entire program is complete
- What this includes: All energy drinks, sodas, Coffee, Black tea, Green Tea, White tea and Yerba Mate. Oh and Chocolate too.
- Focus on: (examples) my favorite herbal teas are nettles and red clover. I buy them in bulk and just mix them together and store in an air tight container. I use a tablespoon of herb per 10oz cup. It’s a great energizer with no caffeine. Other great herbs for tea, raspberry leaf, dandelion leaf, oat straw, plantain, shavegrass, and of course chamomile, ginger, and mints are always great.
- Notes: Regular consumption of caffeine disconnects you from natural circadian rhythms, disrupting your sleep, and your hormones misfire and you become fat. That’s because caffeine raises cortisol (one of your key fat storing hormones and sleep regulating hormones).
- Tips and Tricks to make this easy: Days 1-3 cut your coffee/caffeine intake in half. Days 3-5 Use Black Tea and no more than 2 cups. Days 6-9 switch to Green or White tea and no more than 2 cups on days 6 &7 and no more than one cup on Days 8 &9. Day 10 should be herbal teas like nettles and hot water with lemon and cayenne from here on out. You’ve Got This! Once this program is complete I hope you will feel confident enough to go coffee free but if you LOVE your coffee just remember that more than two 8 oz. cups of coffee will slow your weight burning abilities as well as hinder your detoxification process for up to 24hrs.
Phase 5 Day 13-15 Grain Free (thyroid)
- What this includes: All Grains, including gluten free flour for Breads, pastas, cereal, and pastries. Many processed foods contain hidden wheat and gluten like hot dogs, canned soups, non-dairy creamers, mustard, pickles, salad dressings, processed cheeses, and even some spices. It’s important to read the labels so you will know if that food is grain free.
- Focus on: Stocking your pantry with enough foods that don’t contain grains for at least three days. Use Foods Alive flax crackers if you need a little crunch or make veggie chips in your oven or dehydrator. Make sure you are getting at least 1 pound or approximately 7-10 servings of veggies every day; include ½ cup of legumes per day (if you can tolerate them) and 1 oz. nuts and 1oz. seeds. If you have added fruit back in 1-2 servings of a low GI fruit per day is okay as well. Try coconut and almond flours in your pancakes. Use Romaine lettuce for your taco shells or wraps and they even make Kelp noodles that are pretty tasty and very healthy or just use a zucchini to make noodles. I encourage you to continue this for the rest of the program but if you choose to add grains back in I would go for organic whole intact grains like quinoa, steel cut oats, amaranth, millet and buckwheat. Limit or avoid heavily processed grains in pastas, pastries, cereals, puffed rice cakes and the foods with hidden grains.
- Notes: Almost every person who struggles with weight has an issue with grains, particularly those that contain gluten.
Phase 6 Day 16-18 Dairy Free (Growth hormone) ** continue this for the remainder of the program*
- What this includes: Butter, cheese, milk, yogurt, kefir, cream cheese, whey, ice cream.
- Focus on: Getting enough clean protein from cold water fish and crustaceans, pastured eggs, seeds, and beans if they don’t bother you. Remember to eat lots of fiber and fresh vegetables with good fats from olives, avocados, coconut oil, ghee, and nuts and seeds. Drink milk! Just not from animals. There are plenty of non-dairy milks on the market. Just choose an unsweetened version and one with the least amount of additives. Better yet make your own. 1 Tablespoon of Foods Alive Flax oil added to a bowl of soup will give it a rich creamy flavor.
- Notes: 75% of adults worldwide are intolerant to dairy. If you feel burpy, belchy or bloated after you eat dairy you may be sensitive to the protein casein (one of the leading causes of inflammation in those who are overweight) found in dairy. Or quite possibly the whey could be the culprit. Give your body a chance to discover if dairy is a problem for you.
Phase 7 Day 19-21 Toxin free (testosterone)
- What this includes: Personal care products, household cleaners and laundry products.
- Focus on: (examples) for better body lotions try coconut oil instead. Better toothpaste and mouth wash. Natural dentist makes great products. Better make-up. Check out some of the great mineral brands out there. Better laundry products and house hold cleaners. Check out Norwex products at tammyalvord.norwex.biz to eliminate tons of chemicals in your life.
- Notes: there are over 80,000 chemicals allowed in our personal care products, household cleaners and laundry products. Only about 200 have ever been tested for safety. Many of the chemicals are known hormone disrupters, so eliminating as many as possible just makes sense.